Saturday, November 1, 2014

Why I'm breaking w/ family tradition to vote fore Hillary

Ok, I'm gonna ramble now cuz.... just cuz.... mkhay?

The best thing to come out of broad publicity of the latest couple tragedies in and around St. Louis and Ohio and Utah has been an elevated dialog on the so far misnamed topic of racism. Oh, don't get it fucked up! This shit has been going on all along. The only news here is that people are getting fed up with this bullshit enough to put themselves at great personal risk by becoming journalists. If my language offends you, please excuse me on the basis that this is not only provisionally appropriate language to discuss the topic, it's also just exactly the topic for which strong language exists.

But it's not really racism.

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. -- Google Racism

True racism would be misconceptions about dogs or horses or spiders. Spiders take the worst of it though, don't they?

All humans are the same race; we're human, ok? Please? I think it's helpful to think in terms of ethnicism instead of racism cause we all pretty much know by now that we're all of mixed ethnicity. We have more in common than not.

Regardless of the popular language, I've come across a LOT of conversation on the topic, and some of it is pretty damned good! Not all of it, of course. A lot of it, probably the vast majority, is banal and mean spirited and shallow, like everything else that passes for conversation these days. But some of it has been better than I'm used to--more thoughtful, more reasoned, more nuanced ... And it's SO refreshing!

But until just recently, I was looking forward to a Hillary presidency. The reason why has little to do with left/right politics and everything to do with this. I'm dog TIRED of pretending that everything is about racism[sic] and more than ready to start pretending that everything is about misogeny. Damn! It's a real thing and my spellchecker hasn't even got the word in its dictionary. It's a neglected topic.

I like men. Almost always, I'll hang with the guys if I have a choice. Maybe just cause my dad was cool as hell and my mom was really very not. So I'll just skip over a listing of daily and more indignities people without a dick suffer and cut right to the chase.

Here are some relationship tips:

Guys, if you stick your dick into something that even you don't respect, you degrade yourself. If you've done that and you've managed to connect with a good woman who's willing to overlook it? Get down on your damned knees and thank her endlessly! And don't even THINK about trying to shame her for whatever she may have done before you met her. You've met her kids, maybe even shook hands with an ex boyfriend. You knew she wasn't a virgin and she probably suspected that you were not either.

Whatever insulting thing you may want to say about women in general, remember that your mother was a woman and so is your little sister and so is your daughter. And we can hear you. We're not deaf, mother fuckers! If you can't remember that, I'll remind you. Ask my coworkers LOL!

Sometimes, when I'm walking or riding my bike down the street, I really do appreciate a cat call or a whistle. Really! Chicks dig that shit as much as ya'll do! But some days I'm just not in the mood for attention from strangers. Just pay attention to how a girl is acting--is she inviting playful flirtation or is she in a serious mood. Maybe she's on her way to a funeral or something. Ya know, just like when you go into work and gauge your boss' mood before you decide whether to be playful or serious? Ya know, show us a little respect, compassion, empathy... just pretend we're men with titts and pussies and alluringly gentle voices. And if you seriously hope I'm worthy enough to share some intense and extended intimacy maybe one day, remember that I am as worthy of respect and consideration as your little sister or your mother, ok?

I would compliment you guys a whole lot more often if you would play by the same rules you call on us and NOT take a playful compliment as a contract obliging me to jump in bed with you.

Clearly, I'm not talking about an exclusive, romantic relationship. I'm trying to make peace on the street. That's just about all I'm about. B'lieve it!

We got more in common than not.

B'lieve it! Or we shall all hang separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment